Saturday, November 15, 2014

My friend Dawn creates beautiful quilts. She is also involved in the local 4-H club and for several years she has produced quilted tree skirts for the annual Festival of Trees in Sterling. This year the 4-H club chose to do a Disney themed tree so her skirt is made from various Disney printed fabrics. I am looking forward to visiting this year's festival which runs Tuesday through Sunday at the Woodlawn Arts Academy in Sterling. This event raises money for the Hospice of Rock River Valley and truly deserves your support. If you can't visit the Festival of Trees visit the Hospice on line by clicking here.

I can't leave this post without mentioning how great Dawn is as a person. Just one example: I hired her son to help
me move into the new apartment. She called just before he was scheduled to arrive and asked if it was alright if she came with him to help out!

She did so much to make that move go well and to really brighten my spirit that day. Talent, creativity and a great human being. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the creative things you have done recently!