Friday, February 27, 2015

Credenza


You may remember the army green credenza I purchased from Dixon Furniture mart. I have finally finished my work on this piece.

I removed a broken double drawer and replaced it with a shelf to hold my router and modem (along with my letter boxes of standard paper and cardstock that I often use in my printer.)

I painted the unit white and replaced the hardware with some cut glass knobs. Got a new white printer to go with the office decor and added a bubble lamp. I have always wanted one of these and never had the right place to use one.


My niece left a floor mirror behind when she moved recently. The frame was not in good condition so I removed it. I hung the mirror above the credenza with clear mirror clips.
Disregard the strange bald man in the mirror! 

There were rough edges at the "Top" and "Bottom" (now the left and right sides) of the mirror so I attached some small round mirrors to cover these areas and to give a bit more interest to the look.












I also added some $1.00 silver wall decals from the dollar store. I'm not sure if they will stay or not. Let me know - should the stay or should they go?

3 comments:

Share the creative things you have done recently!